The energy transition, renewable energies, smart cities, the solar industry and sustainable mobility are growing with more and more innovation. KEY will dedicate an exhibition area to innovation in which it will ensure visibility to all those companies that are constantly investing in R&D, helping to support and accelerate innovation and development in these key sectors for the energy transition.
This is how the Innovation District was born: a prestigious exhibition area, located under the dome in the south hall, created to give a voice to innovators and tell the success stories of innovative start-ups, as well as for exhibitors at the fair to showcase their most innovative solutions.
The Innovation District will be divided into specific routes to offer a complete and engaging experience to visitors and the press, specifically we will find
- "innovation section": aimed at exhibitors who can thus give visibility to their innovative products;
- "start-up section": dedicated to emerging start-ups and innovative SMEs that have developed unique and cutting-edge solutions;
- "networking section": agora conferences, pitch presentations and discussion of ideas to create new business and networking opportunities; talk' path: interview corner to gather testimonies from innovative companies and key stakeholders of the event
PROJECTS AND NEWS 2024
In this edition, the Innovation District will focus on excellence and meritocracy through prizes dedicated to the best start-ups and exhibiting companies with innovative products, solutions and services covering each of the 7 product sectors represented by KEY.
The following will be awarded:
- Innovative Start-up Award reserved for the 30 selected start-ups selected throught the Call for Start-Up&Scale-Up at the fair that will have distinguished themselves for
highly innovative projects
- Lorenzo Cagnoni Innovation Award for exhibitors for the seven innovative projects presented at the fair in each product sector represented by KEY: Solar, Wind, Hydrogen, Energy Efficiency, Sustainable City, Storage, E-Mobility. The projects will be assessed by the Evaluation Committee formed by IEG and the initiative's network of partners.
LORENZO CAGNONI AWARD FOR INNOVATION
For the first year KEY is organising an award for innovators that will be assigned to the 7 most innovative projects among the exhibitors for each of the seven product sectors present at KEY and dedicates it to the memory of IEG president Lorenzo Cagnoni.
An initiative designed for all those companies that have been committed for years to developing increasingly innovative products and proposing cutting-edge services, thus contributing to the migration of our country and the planet in general, towards the use of renewable energy.
Get involved with your company, nominate the most innovative project that will be on show at KEY 2024, you have until 31 January 2024. Projects will be assessed by a specially constituted Evaluation Committee.